The Camry is one of Toyota’s longest-running models, and it has been in production in one guise or another since the 1983 model year. With hundreds of thousands of cars sold every year, the Camry is the best-selling car in the US and is widely acclaimed for its combination of comfort, style, and value. The 2012 Toyota Camry looks set to continue the trend set by its predecessors. Here are ten reasons why buyers think this is such a cool car.
1. The Camry boasts an optional JBL® GreenEdge™ audio system. When considering how environmentally-friendly a car is, few buyers think instinctively about the audio system. However, the GreenEdge uses far less power while still delivering outstanding sound quality. It’s also lighter than conventional systems, minimizing the burden on the car’s overall gas efficiency.
2. Toyota has gone all out to maximize the interior space with the 2012 Camry. The sculpted lower door panels allow more room for your knees, and the streamlined pillars accentuate the overall feeling of space. The top of the instrument panel, the door surfaces, and even the sun visors were all re-designed for a more open forward view.
3. The 2012 Camry features a total of four convenient cup-holders and six bottle holders. Nobody wants to ruin their beautiful new upholstery with spilt drinks, so this feature is especially useful.
4. An optional system called Entune™ allows drivers to integrate a number of smartphone applications with their Toyota Camry. Connect wirelessly to your smartphone through Bluetooth® or a USB cable and you can access the services. When you choose this option, you get a three-year subscription to the system.
5. The Camry features a new design for the front seats which maximizes the leg space for rear passengers without hindering the front occupant. Even the tallest adult passengers will appreciate the additional knee space provided.
6. The cabin space in the Camry is designed to minimize noise pollution while making the most of interior volume. Use the Camry’s 60/40 split fold-down rear seats to create additional capacity for longer items, such as skis or curtain rods.
7. The Camry boasts vortex generators for a smoother, more comfortable ride. These are small projections that are positioned on the car’s undercarriage and help stabilize the car’s performance by directing airflow around the vehicle.
8. The 2012 Camry SE boasts an available 3.5-liter V6 24-valve engine, capable of 268 brake horsepower and 248 pound-feet of torque. If you’re a performance fan, this should ensure that you have more than enough power when you really want it.
9. The Camry Hybrid LE is capable of 43 miles per gallon around the city and 39 on the highway. Those figures make the Hybrid one of the most gas-efficient cars in its class.
10. Paddle shifters on the 2012 Camry SE upshift and downshift almost twice as fast as the previous generation. Paddle shifters always appeal to the sportier drivers, who appreciate the added responsiveness from these handy features.